For customers wishing to use Joomla for the base platform for your next web site, we can provide training in the basics to get you up and running. We can arrange the training sessions over a period of time that allows your staff to gain proficiency and slowly assume full control of the content administration. We assign an account administrator to oversee the account and supervise the training so you always have someone you know to help.
We currently offer in-house training at your location for client with offices in Toronto and the GTA, Ottawa and Vancouver. We offer our global customers on training and webinars to assist in their skill development.
For self learning we have a list of resources to refer to our clients so they can learn at their own pace and at no additional cost.
Q. What CMS systems are supported?
Ans: We provide support for Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla, however you are free to use another CMS and we will assist you in getting it installed.
Q. Do I have to use a CMS platform for our website?
Ans: No, many of our clients use regular html or flash for their website and we support them with the same features. If you have a web creation software and want to build your own site, you are free to do so.
Q. Do CMS packages include shopping cart software?
Ans: Yes and no. Most offer a shopping cart addon or extension and there are several free carts that can be used. You still need to connect to a gateway service to process the payments and enable your customers to make payments.
Q. Can I use my paypal account to process payments?
Ans : Most shopping carts have a plugin to enable payments to go to your Paypal account. You will need to enable your account to accept online payments with Paypal, and there is a monthly or per transaction charge for doing so. The process is very simple to setup. Most shopping carts can be configured to work with Paypal, Google Checkout, Authorize.net and several other gateways.
There are many types of extension available in the market for Joomla. Those are as follows :
1. Joomla Components
You can use every extension to your website. Each extension adds different function to your web page.
1.Joomla Components – These are small addon applications. If you want to add one of these applications then you can find the sub-items of the “Components” menu in your Joomla administrative panel. Components differentiated into two parts. First part is the back-end. You can setup and manage it’s content with the help of the admin back-end. The second part is front-end. You can show your information in your chosen component process with the help of front-end part.
2.Modules – These are light extensions used to place information on your website. For eg, you can make use of the “Popular” component module attached to attached to the com_content component. Through this component, you can display all the popular articles in your Joomla website. Even if they are not attached to any component, modules can be used to display all kinds of information like static HTML or even complex slide shows. To manage these go to your Joomla Extensions -> Module Manager.
3. Plugins – Plugins is well known as “Mambots”. If you want any extra functionality for your website then you can use plugins. They are a set of intricate extensions designed to deal with various events. Such as : You can insert movies to your articles with the help of plugins. To handle your plugins you can go to Joomla admin and choose Extensions and then select Plugin Manager
4. Templates – You can manage your whole website page’s design or website’s look through templates. If you want convert your default template then you can go to Joomla admin and choose “Extensions” and then select “Template Manager”.
5. Languages - With the help of languages, you can change whole Joomla interface of your administrative panel and the front-end of your website. If you want to handle that language which is already installed in Joomla application then you can go to Joomla admin and choose “Extensions” and then select “Language Manager”.
OS Commerce is well known as “open source Commerce”. OS Commerce is an e-commerce and online store-management software program. Any web server with PHP or MySQL installed can be used to run OsCommerce. Released under the GNU General Public License, it is an open source, free software.
How to install osCommerce?
1. Once logged into Fantastico, look for the osCommerce link in the left menu and click on it. A short description will appear in the right part of the screen. Follow the New Installation link to start the setup of your shop.
2. Select the domain name that you wish the shop to be attached to. In the box below type in the folder you would like to have the store in – you can select a name to your preference (e.g. ‘shop’, ‘store’, ‘catalog’, etc.). Then fill in the administrator username and password, the name of the shop and its owner and the contact e-mail address. Unless you have an SSL certificate already purchased and set up, please leave the Use SSL option to No. The last six options are to your preference.
3. Click the [Install OS Commerce] button to proceed to the next step.
4. On the next page you will be asked to confirm the details you have entered. Click on the [Finish installation] button to go to the next step.
5. The third page displays confirmation that the setup and the configuration have been successful. The installation requires one last click on [Click here to protect the administration area] in order to be completed.
6. On the final page, you will see the addresses of the store and the administrator’s panel. Add these to your bookmarks, as you will visit the two addresses often.
1. Log in to cPanel >> Choose FTP Accounts
FTP accounts allow you to access your website’s files through a protocol called FTP. You will need a third-party FTP program to access your files. You can log into via FTP by entering Add FTP Account.
2. Enter Log In Name >> Password (You can also use Password Generator for more convenience )
3. Directory: /home/domain name/ >> /home/domain/public_html/admin
4. Quota >> You can set specific MB Quota or Choose Unlimited.
5. Click on Create FTP Account Button.
6. Now you will see FTP account details.
7. If you want change Path address >> Click on PATH option >> Now Click on Path Address
8. To change account password >> Click on Change Password Option.
9. To Change Quota >> Click on Change Quota Option.
10. To Delete account >> Simply Click on Delete Option >> There are two option where you can only delete account or Delete account and delete all files under that account.
Q. Is it necessary to sign up for a set period of time?
Ans : Not at all. You can pay monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or biennially. You can choose billing cycle according to your comfort level.
Q. How much time you will take to setup my hosting account after place of order?
Ans : Once the payment process complete your hosting account will be setup the same day.
Aardcom offers a variety of Hosting Plans to fit any need. Whether you’re starting a WordPress Blog, installing a Joomla CMS, running a PHPBB Forum, starting an Online Store with osCommerce, or any number of internet ventures, then we are exactly what you’ve been looking for. We have a range of scalable plans to get your new venture up and running.